Saturday, October 1, 2011

Coast

Here is our new little guy. He was born September 15th at 1:30 in the morning. He weighed 10 lbs and was 21 inches long.

On September 14th at a week over due, I begged my doctor to let me be induced. She called over to the hospital and they said I could come over anytime after lunch. Wade had a few things to finish up at work that morning and my mom left work around noon to come watch the boys. We sang happy birthday to Wade and had some birthday cake before we left.

Just as we got to the hospital, L&D got busy. They got us right into a room but I waited a few hours before they got me started. I had them start the pitocin and the epidural at the same time. I was a little worried at first when my right leg didn't go numb but everything that really needed to be numb was, so I didn't feel a thing when the contractions started.

We still hadn't decided on a name so when my doctors and nurses found out about our water theme they pledged to spend the rest of their shift on Google checking out names. Wade mentioned that whoever could correctly guess the baby's weight could name him. Shortly after that, every doctor and nurse on the floor came to our room to introduce themselves and guess the baby's weight. They had made an impressive list of names alongside the weight guesses as their shifts ended.

Things were pretty quiet for the most part. We just watched TV and slept when we could. Around 1:00 I was starting to feel those contractions so I asked for more juice in my epidural and someone to check my progress. The anesthesiologist and the doctors were all busy with a C-section, so no more meds for me. When one of the doctors stepped away to check me, I was at a 10 and the baby was ready to go. Two pushes later he popped out.

We knew our little guy would be big but still all of the guesses underestimated his massive size. The closest guess was 9 lbs so we had to name the little guy ourselves. I hope he doesn't hate us for it later. We get some strange looks when we tell people his name is Coast but I think it will fit him just fine.


4 comments:

Sandy Cove said...

Coast is awesome! I am so happy for you guys. Cutest little family every.

Kimmy said...

Seriously, he just "popped" out at 10 pounds? How cow. I couldn't even imagine. I thought Caleb was hard to push out at 7 lbs, 10 oz. Lauren, literally popped out at her tiny 6 lbs though. Congrats. let me know how 3 kids goes...

Grace said...

Congratulations!! And 10 lbs! Wow. Way to go.

Caleb and Marci said...

He is a beautiful guy. What a fun memory for him that everyone wanted to pick his name. Hooray for having 3 boys!