Saturday, July 31, 2010

Summer Fun

Here is some of what we've been up to this summer when we get a chance to hang around at home....The boys love playing in the water. Yes, I make them wear T-shirts and lots of sunscreen. Dock even has socks on in the picture.
We've been remodeling the basement- that is a separate post- but I got new appliances and a new sink when the old ones went into the kitchen we put in down stairs.
I love this new sink and since I spend a lot of time washing dishes or babies, I'm frequently reminded how nice it is. Black composite granite with two deep bowls, installed by my very handy hubby. I love washing both babies in it at the same time and they love it too. Look at those happy faces.
We saw an add in the paper that mentioned they would be launching hot air balloons so we just went to watch. When we got there they let us take the boys up for a ride for a small donation of $20 - what a deal.
Ford went up with Wade and Dock went up with my mom and Me. I'm terrified of heights so I was a little freaked out but Dock loved it.



We've been having a fun summer. Most of it's been spent here or there but not at home. We are glad to be back for a couple of weeks but the next few months each have a trip planned so it won't be long until we are off again.



My boys are so cute! Dock is sitting up well and loves tummy time but not crawling yet. He thinks food is fantastic and takes a bite of anything put in front of him including toys, people, paper, anything! We love his cute chubbiness. He is super happy and smiley except for right when he wakes up, it takes him a little while to warm up. He is a good napper and is sleeping through the night. He likes other people and is usually pretty willing to let anyone hold him.



Ford is a good boy. He is getting so big and so smart. Can I brag about my smart baby for a bit? I'm going to because this is my blog and that's what it's for. Ford isn't quite two yet and he can count to 20 and say his alphabet as well as recognize the individual letters. He can spell his own name and Dock's name. He knows the names of shapes but isn't quite interested in colors. He is great at remembering people's names when he meets them which is more that I can do. He talks a lot and speaks pretty clearly for a little guy. He is starting to say some cute things. He calls all balls meat balls. I love when he asks for "song bout rain-bows" or "five widdle ducks" (he can hold up one, two, four, and five fingers, but not three, that's a hard one. He asks his Dad "what's goin' on dad?" and asks me "You feel better mom?" He still loves to read books and will finish most of the sentences of his favorite ones. He also loves Sesame Street and singing songs. He has recently started to look at himself in the mirror while he sings, which I love because he carries a tune about as well as I do and I used to look at myself in the mirror while I would cry when I was little. Just in the last couple of weeks he has finally let go of the wall and taken those first few free steps. It has taken a long time and he still has a lot of practice ahead of him but he is getting more brave everyday. He loves to be held and a get soft tickle, he says "that tickles - feels good." He is at such a fun age. I love my boys. Thanks for letting me gush a bit.

11 comments:

Lyssa said...

It is so good to hear about your summer. Your boys are just adorable! We miss you all, but it helps to know how you are doing. Thanks for catching us up!

Sandy Cove said...

I was so excited to read all your posts. I love seeing pictures of the boys. They are both so dang cute! I wish you didn't live so far away because I feel like I am missing out on all the fun. I can't wait to see you guys in 2 weeks. It sounds like the boys have both grown up so much!

Caleb and Marci said...

Hurray for cute boys! love the updates, and sounds like you are having tons of fun. Wish we could get together and play sometime soon.

Erin said...

Looks like your summer is going awesome. And your boys are adorable! Glad to see you posting again.

Mike said...

Your blog has been recommended to us as a interviewee's favorite blog!
We would like to do an interview with you about your blog for Blog
Interviewer. We'd
like to give you the opportunity to
give us some insight on the "person behind the blog."
It would just take a few minutes of your time. The interview form can
be submitted online here Submit your interview.
Best regards,
Mike Thomas

JanuskieZ said...

Hi... Looking ways to market your blog? try this: http://bit.ly/instantvisitors

bag mall said...

It is so funny family !
eluxury louis vuitton provides unique eluxury louis vuitton handbags, Louis Vuitton clothing and accessories and other louis vuitton luxury.


It is worth mentioning that eluxury separately listed eluxury Louis Vuitton handbags and also catagorized the Louis Vuitton goods in details.

louis handbags are so chic and timeless, but when it comes to the classic louis handbags, louis handbags speedy comes the first in my mind.

shelly said...

Ahhh, so cute. Ford sounds super smart to me! And I've raised a kid or two, so I should know ;)

I'm glad you're having fun doing the mommy bit. And my kids are always slathered in sunscreen and rash guards as well.

shelly said...

Ahhh, so cute. Ford sounds super smart to me! And I've raised a kid or two, so I should know ;)

I'm glad you're having fun doing the mommy bit. And my kids are always slathered in sunscreen and rash guards as well.

Heidi said...

Cute updates! This is so random, but I just met someone who served with Wade on his mission. I love the "do-you-know" game, so this was fun! His name is Jeff Hoffman and when he found out I was from Delta, the first thing he said was, "Hey! I've been to a hootenanny down there!" The only thing that could be deduced from this comment was that he knew Wade Finlinson. So I asked him how he knew Wade. He wondered how I knew that was who the connection was from. I said, Only Wade Finlinson calls it a hootenanny! Good times!

twila warner said...

Love It!