Friday, July 30, 2010

Let's Back Up

I have a little catch up to do. In the beginning of June my sweet Aunt Audry died and we were able to go up to Idaho for her funeral and to spend time with family. I'm so glad I was able to go even though it was a sad reminder of how quickly time is going by. Growing up I spent every summer in Blackfoot Idaho and it is still one of my very favorite places to be. Grandma and Grandpa are still there in that same house where I would spend those fabulous summers. Now my kids get to wander around the farm exploring, discovering and making friends with the curious cows. Ford checking out the rocks as Wade helped my grandma with her yard. My grandparents both think Wade is pretty wonderful (which he is). He is unpretentious and easy to talk to, he works hard, is always willing to help out, and knows a little about growing stuff - all things that are important to my grandparents. I think grandma and grandpa have been pretty pleased with all the spouses of their grandchildren so far, not to mention the grandbabies.
Speaking of grandbabies, here is curly Dock. I had to post some documentation of these curls because they are no more. Dock recently got a haircut and curls were clipped away.
My boys don't need much more than a couple of potato boxes to keep them entertained. They even come in Dock size - Dox Box...
My grandma is great at throwing together a dinner for a big crowd and since everyone was in town she threw an impromptu dinner. It's always fun to see my cousins and the weather was perfect for a little outside play.The traditional weenie roast. We can't go to grandmas without having one.
Ford enjoyed digging in the garden and getting dirty.
Ford and his cousin Zaida.
We put up lots of tents and this teepee for the party. This is the same teepee I played in when I was little.
I love this cute little guy and his funny faces.

That's all for now. I have a few more weeks to catch up on so there is more coming soon

1 comment:

Sandy Cove said...

I love the Dock Box!